Please read our 2022 strawberry season general information before coming to our strawberry patch for u-pick or pre-pick strawberries, u-pick peas, popcorn, or maple syrup.
All pre-pick orders MUST be placed by calling our number: 715-285-5351. No orders will be taken through our website, social media pages, email, or phone message. At certain times of the day many people may be calling at once. Please be patient and try to call again if you do not get through the first time you call.
I will no longer be answering Facebook messages or comments due to the lack of time that I have during the day to answer these messages or comments.
Many of the questions that are being asked can be answered by looking at the different pages on our website www.samsproducewi.com:
-Daily Update (will be posted each morning with updated pre-pick and u-pick hours)
–Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
-General Strawberry Information
-Directions to strawberry patch/stand
If your question can not be answered on our website (www.samsproducewi.com) please call 715-285-5351.
What to expect when visiting Sam’s Produce strawberry patch
Being prepared when visiting makes all the difference. Make sure it’s a great experience by following our “Top 9 Tips” when visiting.
- Call Ahead – Most important, contact our farm ahead of time to make sure we are open. It’s no fun to arrive excited to pick only to find out we are picked out or unexpectedly closed.
- Go Early – Many crops, especially strawberries, ripen daily and get picked out by late morning. So plan on being at our farm when it opens for best selection and easiest picking. Going early also avoids the hot sun and heat.
- Drinks and Snacks – Stay hydrated and beat the heat. Bring your own snacks and water or purchase bottled water at our strawberry garage.
- Mosquitos – We typically do not have issues with mosquitos but have some mosquito/gnat spray along just in case.
- Prepare for the Sun – Sunscreen and wide brimmed hats are highly recommended.
- Payment – We charge $2.60/lb to pick-your-own strawberries. We accept cash and check.
- Toilets – We have two porta potties and hand wash stations at our strawberry patch.
- Know How to Pick – Look under the leaves for the berries for bright red, well-shaped fruit with a shiny luster. Gently twist or snap the berry off the stem–don’t pull. Handle the berries gently and keep the stems and hulls on the fruit. Don’t stack the berries more than 3 layers high in the container to prevent crushing. Please walk in the aisles and be sure that your feet and knees to not damage the plants.
- Handle and Store Properly – Protect the berries from the sun and heat. Refrigerate in a loosely covered container. Don’t wash the berries until you are ready to eat or use them. Strawberries generally keep for 2 to 3 days when refrigerated.
One thought on “2022 Strawberry Season General Information”